Become a Member
Find your eligibility path
Credit unions are financial cooperatives, and you have to be a member to join one. We make it easy because there are four paths to membership that contain many ways to be eligible. Find your eligibility path, and when you join, you can receive a $50 bonus**. This is a limited-time offer, so sign up today!
Family or Household Resident
You reside with a PSECU member or your relative is a PSECU member. Qualifying relatives include: adoptive relationships, child or stepchild, grandchild, grandparent, parent or stepparent, sibling or stepsibling, and spouse.
You attend, currently work at, or graduated from one of the many Pennsylvania colleges or universities with which we have a relationship.
You are a Pennsylvania state or local government employee, a municipality or school district employee, or an employee of a company that offers membership as a benefit. More than 1,000 employers across Pennsylvania offer PSECU membership.
Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society Membership
If you don’t meet one of the above criteria, you can join the Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society (PRPS) through PSECU to become eligible for PSECU membership. PRPS Friend membership is a one-time fee of $20, but PSECU will cover $10 when you open your account online. We will also take care of your PRPS membership registration as part of your PSECU membership application. You do not need to renew your PRPS membership to maintain your PSECU membership.
The credit union philosophy is one of “people helping people.” We help members live a better life, but we also work to help the communities we serve, through donating our time, money, and resources. Learn more about what PSECU believes in.
PSECU is a digital-first credit union. That means that members can conduct all their business either online or via our mobile app. We make it easy to deposit and transfer money, apply for loans, and open IRAs and other accounts. This digital model saves us money… savings that we pass on to our members!
We do have limited on-site locations where members can learn more about PSECU products and services. Our Harrisburg locations have tellers on-site to assist members with performing transactions. Visit PSECU Locations for a complete list of ATMs, on-site locations, and hours of operation.
Get $50 Bonus Rules**No purchase necessary. To receive $50, new members (age 18 or older) must: Join PSECU before 12/31/2020 at 11:59 p.m. (ET) with a promotional code; and sign up and be approved for a checking account, a PSECU debit card, and digital banking (online or mobile) account access within 90 days of establishing membership.
- Participant must be a U.S. Resident.
- Promotion open to persons 18 years of age or older at the time the account is opened. One promo code per New Member. Additional promo code will be invalid.
- The recipient of the $50 bonus is solely responsible for payment of applicable taxes on that amount. If you have any questions, please seek the advice of a qualified tax professional.
- PSECU reserves the right to recall the $50 bonus if the member account is closed within the first year of establishing membership.
- If the member is not in good standing, at any time prior to the payment of the bonus, as defined by PSECU’s Bylaws Article II, Section 1, PSECU reserves the right to withhold the payment of the $50 bonus.
- Payment of the $50 bonus will be deposited into the Regular share within 45 days after the requirements are satisfied.
- This offer is only open to new members who meet PSECU eligibility requirements.
- All decisions of PSECU regarding this promotion are final. PSECU may terminate or change the terms and conditions of this promotion without notice.
- Employees, agents, and officials of PSECU and immediate family members of any of these are not eligible for this promotion.
- Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
About the Get $50 Bonus: From 11/23/2020 to 12/31/2020, PSECU is running a New Member promotion. To receive $50, participants must join during the promotion period and satisfy the promotional requirements within 90 days of establishing membership. PSECU will deposit $50 into the Regular share within 45 days after the requirements are satisfied. $5 is required to open and maintain a Regular share account. This $5 share deposit is also required to be eligible to receive the $50, and the member must be in good standing as defined by PSECU's Bylaws Article II, Section 1. A $5 minimum share purchase will be made on behalf of the new member by PSECU. If the member account is closed within the first year of membership, the initial $5 share will be retained by PSECU. The Annual Percentage Yield on PSECU's Regular share account is .05%. This variable rate is current as of 5/18/2020 and may change. Withdrawals and fees may reduce earnings on the account.