Proceeds raised will be divided equally among five Pennsylvania-based Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, including Penn State Children's Hospital in Hershey, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Geisinger Janet Weis Children's Hospital in Danville, and Children's Hospital at Saint Vincent Hospital in Erie.
"The PSECU Chips In Golf Outing was created as a way for PSECU and many of our partner organizations to come together in the 'people helping people' credit union spirit to raise funds for community betterment," explained PSECU President Greg Smith. "The recipient of our fundraising efforts changes each year, which over the years will allow us to share the event's benefits with a wide selection of groups that represent our members' best interests. This year, it's an honor to support Children's Miracle Network Hospitals."
Following breakfast and a warm-up period for participants, the golf outing began with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. An awards lunch concluded the event. Listed below, sponsors were integral to the success of the second annual PSECU Chips In Golf Outing.
- Lunch Sponsor: SHI
- Breakfast Sponsor: Liberty Insurance Agency
- Team Photo Sponsor: McNees Wallace & Nurick
- Driving Range Sponsor: ReliaQuest
- Putting Contest Sponsor: Kony
- Hole-in-One Sponsors: Dell, IMS Direct, Quandel Enterprises, Inc., and SaleMove
- Hole Sponsors: Arraya Solutions, ConvergeOne, Corelation Inc., ENACOMM , Harmelin Media, Olenick, Paragon, Inc., Personetics, Tri-County Telephone Services, UGI, Verizon, Vizo Financial, VMware, and WebpageFX
- Beverage Cart Sponsor: ServiceNow
- Media Sponsor: Lamar Advertising
- 50/50 Sponsor: Pennsylvania Moose Association
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals raises funds and awareness for 170 member hospitals that provide 32 million treatments each year to kids across the U.S. and Canada. Donations stay local to fund equipment, services, research, and charitable care.
"We are so thankful for PSECU and the funds raised on behalf of five Children's Miracle Network Hospitals in Pennsylvania. These funds are critical to saving lives in the local communities where PSECU employees and members live," said John Lauck, President and CEO of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
Learn more at CMNHospitals.org and facebook.com/CMNHospitals.
In 2017, the inaugural PSECU Chips In Golf Outing raised $17,311 for the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.