Our story began over 80 years ago when 22 state employees decided to take control of their finances, to make a better life for themselves and their families. They pooled their money and with just $90, they started the Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union. We're so much more than that today, but our structure was - and remains - a not-for-profit financial cooperative.
- Unlike banks, we are member-owned. As a credit union, we exist to serve our members - not stockholders. Everything we do is for the benefit of our members, and our earnings help fund free services for them. Learn more at psecu.com/be-free.
- Members love our competitive loan rates, and the fact that we have few, if any, fees. As one of the largest credit unions in Pennsylvania, we have the capability to provide superior financial products, online tools and top-notch service to each and every member.
- Members enjoy account access where and when they need it. Mobile and online banking plus thousands of surcharge-free ATMs allow members to manage their money 24/7.
- Members feel good about banking with us. We believe in giving back to the communities we serve through relationships we have with organizations focused on health, education and social justice. Additionally, we offer free financial education workshops to members and non-members alike!
- Want to join us? We're the credit union of choice for hundreds of businesses and organizations across the great state of Pennsylvania. In addition, we offer membership to students, alumni, faculty and staff of all schools in the State System of Higher Education. In addition to these universities, we have relationships with community colleges like HACC, and private schools like Elizabethtown College and Susquehanna University. With so many ways, you're probably eligible to join and don't even know it!