5 Steps for Financial Success in the New Year
January 2, 2018
The new year is a great time to get your finances in order, and we’re here to help. Here are five simple ways you can use our products and services to help you achieve financial success this year.
1. Use Bill Payer to streamline regularly occurring bill payments – Set up a one-time or recurring payment for each of your bills and pay them on-demand or schedule them to be paid automatically. We can even send you a reminder when your bills are due.
Already use Bill Payer? Great! The new year is a great time to take a few moments to verify the information you’ve entered for each of your payees. Review account numbers, addresses, amounts, and due dates. And if you need to add a new payee, you can now do so in our mobile app.
2. Monitor your goals with the PSECU Savings App – Many people use the New Year as a time to review their finances and set new goals. Once you’ve determined your financial goals for the new year, download the PSECU Savings App for a fun way to save and monitor your progress.
3. Learn how to improve your credit with our free Credit Score Service* – Knowing your credit score helps you make smart choices with your money. Once enrolled, our free service gives you monthly updates on your score.
Already have a high score? Keep up the good work. Not quite where you want to be? Your monthly update will not only tell you where you stand, but also some ways you could improve.
Whether your score’s where you want it to be or not, monitoring your credit also helps protect you from identity theft. If your score drops suddenly and you haven’t done anything to impact it, that’s a sign your finances may have been compromised. You can take action to report it and prevent further damage from being done.
4. Get rid of high-interest credit card debt with our Visa® Balance Transfer – When you’re carrying debt on a high-interest credit card, it can feel as if you’ll never get rid of it since your payments get eaten up by interest each month. Both our Classic Card and Founder’s Card offer Visa balance transfers that can offer you a low interest rate for up to 24 months through December 31, 2019 with no PSECU balance transfer fees. This means your monthly payments can get you closer to becoming debt free rather than just paying down interest.
5. Use our secure banking options to keep your money safe – We all know that identity theft and compromises are on the rise. That’s why we offer several easy ways to keep your money safe. Use one of our multiple mobile payment options to pay at participating retailers, use your fingerprint to log in to our mobile app, and lock your credit or debit card to prevent unauthorized use.
Want more tips on how to make the most of your money in the new year?
Visit Our WalletWorks Page
* PSECU is not a credit reporting agency. Members must have PSECU checking or a PSECU loan to be eligible for this service. Joint Owners are not eligible.