Alumni Classic card
Alumni Classic Card Benefits
- No annual fee
- Credit line of up to $30,000, if qualified
- Contactless card functionality allows you to “tap and go” at checkout
- Cash advances: Access funds through nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs in our network with no cash advance fees
- Mobile payments: Add your Alumni Classic Card to Apple Pay®, Google Pay®, Samsung Pay™, and the PSECU Wallet (for Android devices)
- Free credit score service*
Low-Rate Balance Transfers
When you move higher-rate credit card balances to your Alumni Classic Card, you may be able to pay off your debt even faster. Our balance transfers feature:
- No fees for balance transfers, applications, or inactivity
- Easy, online transfer process through digital banking
RATES AS OF 08/01/2019
|Visa Alumni Classic Purchase||9.90%|
|Visa Alumni Classic Cash Advance||9.90%|
|Visa Alumni Classic Balance Transfer||2.9%|
*APR denotes Annual Percentage RatePSECU Visa® Classic and Visa® Alumni Classic Card: When you take advantage of the 2.9% APR (annual percentage rate) promotional offer, Visa® balance transfers will be treated as a cash advance and will accrue interest at 2.9% APR from the time that the transaction posts until 12/31/20; thereafter, any remaining balance will begin to accrue interest at the cash advance rate, which is currently 9.9% APR and subject to change. Payments will be applied as stated in your Visa® Classic and Visa® Alumni Classic Consumer Credit Card Agreement. A minimum of $250 must be requested for balance transfers through digital banking. Our 2.9% APR promotional offer cannot be used to pay off any PSECU loan or be made payable to cash, yourself, any joint owner(s) or co-maker(s). Balance transfers access credit under the terms of your Visa® account as stated in the Visa® Classic and Visa® Alumni Classic Consumer Credit Card Agreement.
View all of our current rates.
|Balance transfer fee||$0
|Cash advance fee||$0|
|Late fee||Up to $20|
|Foreign transaction fee||$0|
Yes! If you have a co-applicant, they should apply with you for the credit card. We’ll ask for current identification, a physical address, a Social Security number (SSN), date of birth, income, and contact information for both of you.
As long as you’re the primary cardholder, you can also add an authorized user. This is someone you allow to use your credit card account. Authorized users can be added during your application process, or later in online banking.
The easiest way is to resume your application. We’ll officially notify you of our decision within several days of your application.
You can also give us a call. A PSECU representative can help you Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (ET), and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET), at:
For new members:
- 855.761.LION, nationwide (USA)
For current members:
- 800.237.7328, nationwide (USA)
- 717.255.1760, outside the USA; not a toll-free number; normal charges apply
It’s fast and easy!
- Apply for the card.
- Once you’ve been approved for your new credit card, it’s time to complete the transfer. You’ll need your full account number for the card from which you’re transferring a balance, as well as the dollar amount you’d like to transfer. This will depend on your credit card limit.
- Log into your PSECU account.
- Click on “Move Money.”
- Click on “Visa Balance Transfer.” Follow the online directions. Your transfer will be automatically treated as a balance transfer at PSECU's current promotional rate and term. You don’t need to call us to activate your promotional offer.
- Start enjoying your savings!
Please call us at 800.237.7328, extension 3872. You can also e-mail us anytime using online banking.
- Click on "Contact Us."
- Click on the "Compose E-mail" tab
- In the category field, choose Check Cards / Credit Cards, then your card type.
- Fill in the subject line and message box appropriately
- Click on the "Send" button when you are finished
Please note: In order to replace or reorder a card, the member whose name appears on the card should make the request.
To order an additional card, please call Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET) at 800.237.7328, extension 3872. The maximum number of cards issued per account is two. There is no charge for additional card(s) or to replace a card.
You can also e-mail us through online banking. Log into your account, click the “Contact Us” button, then compose an e-mail and select Check Cards and Credit Cards from the drop-down menu. You will need to provide your card type and a 4-digit PIN for use on the card. Please verify your current mailing address under “My Profiles” and make any necessary changes to your address before making your request.
The minimum payment is required each month by the 25th day of the month, which is the Visa® due date. The minimum monthly payment is 2 percent of the total balance, rounded up to the next even dollar, or $20, whichever is greater.
PSECU offers several flexible payment options. You may transfer your payment using online banking, our SST phone system, and Automatic Transfers. If you have additional questions on these automatic payment methods, please call us at 800.237.7328, extension 3872.
By giving the merchant your card number, you have authorized payment. PSECU cannot then prevent the merchant from posting your charge. If there is an error or a problem with a charge, please contact us at 800.237.7328, extension 3872. You may need to complete additional steps before we can attempt to dispute the charge.
**APR = Annual Percentage Rate.
***PSECU Visa® Classic and Visa® Alumni Classic Card: When you take advantage of the 2.9% APR (annual percentage rate) promotional offer, Visa® balance transfers will be treated as a cash advance and will accrue interest at 2.9% APR from the time that the transaction posts until 12/31/20; thereafter, any remaining balance will begin to accrue interest at the cash advance rate, which is currently 9.9% APR and subject to change. Payments will be applied as stated in your Visa® Classic and Visa® Alumni Classic Consumer Credit Card Agreement. A minimum of $250 must be requested for balance transfers through digital banking. Our 2.9% APR promotional offer cannot be used to pay off any PSECU loan or be made payable to cash, yourself, any joint owner(s) or co-maker(s). Balance transfers access credit under the terms of your Visa® account as stated in the Visa® Classic and Visa® Alumni Classic Consumer Credit Card Agreement.
$150 Alumni Classic Card Cash Offer
To receive $150, members must: apply and be approved for a PSECU Visa® Alumni Classic Card (“Classic Card”) between 1/1/20 and 12/31/20; use the Classic Card to make any combination of eligible purchases totaling at least $500 (Some exclusions may apply. See # 5 below.) that post to your account within 90 days of the Classic Card account open date. Limit (1) cash offer per new Classic Card account. This is a one-time promotional offer and is limited to PSECU members opening a new Classic Card account through the designated PSECU promotional offer page.
- Participant must be a member of PSECU. If Participant is not currently a PSECU member, Participant must apply for membership and join PSECU, and comply with all $150 Classic Card Cash Offer requirements. The Participant must apply and be approved for a Classic Card, and use the Classic Card to make eligible purchases during the promotional period of 1/1/20 through 12/31/20 as further stated in #3 below.
- Participant must be a U.S. Resident.
- Promotional offer open to persons 21 years of age or older at the time he/she applies (through the designated PSECU promotional offer page) for the Classic Card and who makes purchases totaling at least $500 (exclusive of any balance transfers, cash advances, fees, returns and adjustments) that post to the account within 90 days of the Classic Card account open date. Please allow 1-2 weeks to receive your card in the mail. Limit (1) cash offer per new Classic Card account.
- The recipient of the $150 Cash Offer is solely responsible for payment of applicable taxes on that amount. If you have any questions, please seek the advice of a qualified tax professional.
- Transactions that are not eligible include, but are not limited to, the following: Balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, disputed or unauthorized purchases/fraudulent transactions, credits, any Card Account fees, purchase of Travelers Cheques, fees for services or programs you elect to receive through PSECU, finance charges, and any cash equivalent transactions.
- Payment of the $150 Cash Offer will be deposited into the Regular Share (S0001) within 45 days after the requirements are satisfied.
- The member must be in good standing, as defined by PSECU's Bylaws Article II, Section I, to receive the $150 Cash Offer.
- All decisions of PSECU regarding this promotional offer are final. PSECU may terminate or change the terms and conditions of this promotion without notice.
- Employees, agents and officials of PSECU and immediate family members of any of these are not eligible for this promotional offer.
- Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.