PSECU uses the latest technology to deliver our products and services to all members, which often translates into use of the various technologies for service delivery. PSECU's primary delivery channel is the Internet. A logical concern arising from the rapidly changing world of technology and specifically the Internet is your right to conduct business with us in confidence and your right to maintain privacy over your financial matters.
PSECU will not sell and/or disclose any of your personal information to any mailing lists or to any merchants. We are in the business of serving our members and not selling or providing those lists to merchants. PSECU will not engage in the business of unsolicited email (spam). However, we may use email to communicate with you when necessary regarding new services or matters concerning your accounts with us, or news about the credit union.
In addition, the Board of Directors has adopted a Confidentiality of Member Information Policy. This policy is distributed to all staff. The policy basically states that any information disclosed to PSECU in the course of PSECU's business will be held in the strictest of confidence. Unauthorized or illegal disclosure of your private information is considered a policy violation and subjects the guilty party to discipline. Employees are reminded that their responsibility to maintain this privacy continues even after their employment ends.
George Rudolph, President
Jodi Lynne Blanch, Board of Directors Chair
Thank you for visiting PSECU's website. PSECU is respectful to your right to privacy and is committed to maintaining your privacy. This Internet Privacy Disclosure only relates to the information we collect through any PSECU owned website(s) and our mobile application(s) that may be obtained through your use of our website(s) and mobile application(s).
Please review our Privacy Notice for details of the information we may collect, reasons we may share your information and whether you may limit PSECU sharing your information with third parties.
Information We May Collect About You
As part of standard Internet practice, PSECU may collect information from you while you are visiting our website(s). PSECU does this so that we can assist you in serving your financial needs, providing services and information and offering new products and services. Some of the information we may collect from you includes:
- Information you input into online applications and forms for membership and products or services;
- Information about your transactions with us while on our website(s) and all of our mobile applications;
Additionally, we may collect, store and use information about your visit, such as:
- Cookies: Cookies are pieces of data stored directly on the device you are using when you visit our website. Cookies are used to collect information such as browser type, the date of your visit, time spent on our website, and pages visited. The information is used for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize and enrich your experience while visiting the website, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online services. It is also used to gather statistical information about the usage of the website in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to advertisements, to understand how customers use the website, and to assist with resolving website questions. You can refuse to accept these cookies, and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the website and some online services. For example, systems may not be able to recognize your device and you may need to answer challenge questions each time you log on. As a matter of security, we do not embed your Social Security number, account numbers, password, or other personal information in our cookies.
- IP Addresses: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is a standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the website.
How PSECU Uses Your Information
We may use your information:
- to evaluate your eligibility for accounts, loans, and other products and services for which you apply;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to administer, manage, and service your accounts, products, and services;
- to send you marketing communications on products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, and/or to prequalify you for such products and services;
- to personalize your experience on our website by presenting products and offers tailored to you;
- to verify your identity in order to allow you online access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of your account and personal information;
- to facilitate your transactions;
- to send you important information about your account(s), products and services;
- to comply with applicable law and regulation, other legal process, and law enforcement requirements; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new and improving our existing products and services, enhancing our website, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, PSECU has taken steps to protect the information we collect by implementing and maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal law. PSECU utilizes a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection to provide industry standard encryption technology while connecting to our systems.
PSECU members may create User IDs and passwords to access online banking. You should not divulge your password to anyone. PSECU will never ask you for your online banking password.
Protecting Children's Online Privacy
PSECU does not knowingly collect, nor is our website designed or directed, to use personal information from children under the age of 13 without containing verifiable consent from their parents. Should a child whom we know to be under the age of 13 send personal information to us, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, seek parental consent or provide parental notice.
Links to Other Websites
PSECU does have links on our website(s) to third parties. Please be aware that other websites may offer different privacy policies and levels of security than what is offered by PSECU. PSECU is not responsible for and does not endorse, guarantee or monitor content, availability, viewpoints, products or services that are offered or expressed on other websites. We urge you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Emailing Marketing Service
PSECU has an email marketing service. PSECU will periodically send emails promoting our products and services, or those of our affiliates, to members for whom we have recorded email addresses. All members who receive the marketing emails will have the opportunity to opt out of this service at any time by simply clicking the unsubscribe button.
What You as a Member Can Do to Help
PSECU is committed to protecting the privacy of our members. Members can help by following some simple suggestions:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, Social Security numbers, etc. to other persons. If you receive a telephone call from someone claiming to be from the credit union, and that unknown person asks for account numbers, or other identifying information, do not give that information.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or telephone number changes, please let us know promptly. It is important that we have current information as to how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
- After you complete your online session, log out of psecu.com before surfing other sites. It is suggested that you do not surf other sites during your online banking session, as this could allow a cookie to be attached and possibly compromise your information.
- Review your account statements as soon as possible after receiving them. Contact us immediately regarding any discrepancies.
Board Approval 05/30/2017