Members Achieve More - Join Today!
We’re proud to offer you products and services that help with your unique financial needs. After all, it’s what we do best. Become a member and get access to excellent member service, security and peace of mind, great rates, and a focus on YOU, without having to visit a branch.
As a not-for-profit credit union, we’re here to serve you, not stockholders. This includes asking for feedback from our members regularly to ensure we’re meeting your needs and giving you the best banking experience possible. When you open an account with us, you’ll receive:
You’ll feel valued, cared for, supported, and empowered to take control of your finances and achieve your dreams.
“Members achieve more” isn’t just a tagline for us. It’s a part of everything we do. No matter what life hands you, or where you find yourself, we're here to help you achieve your financial goals for a lifetime.
You’ll enjoy competitive rates on loans like mortgages and auto and deposit products like savings accounts, certificates, and money markets.
Our Products & Services
You have unique financial needs. We offer the financial products, services, and 24/7 digital banking channels necessary to meet them. Check out all the ways you can achieve more when you open a PSECU account.
Checking for Life
Our free checking account makes everyday money management easy for teens to retirees and everyone in between.
- Debit card rewards. Pay with your PSECU debit card and you can earn $.05 or $.10 on eligible purchases2.
- 70,000+ surcharge-free ATMs + ATM rebates. Access your cash at more than 70,000+ surcharge-free ATMs nationwide. No in-network ATMs near you? We offer ATM rebates3.
- No-fee Overdraft Protection Transfer Service. No one wants to overdraft their account, but sometimes mistakes happen. For these instances, you can put a backup plan in place by enrolling in our no-fee Overdraft Protection Transfer Service.
- Other added benefits. Use our free bill payer service, pay a friend or family member (whether they’re a PSECU member or not), seamlessly connect external accounts, remotely deposit checks (mobile app only), and more in digital banking.
Additional Member Perks
Your benefits go beyond banking when you’re a PSECU member.
Ready to Level Up Your Banking? Get Started Today!
All these great perks and more can be yours when you open an account with us. There are many ways you can be eligible to join PSECU. Check them out below.
- You live with, or are related to, a PSECU member.
- You’re affiliated with one of the PA colleges or universities we work with.
- You work for one of the 1,000+ employers in PA that we’re partnered with.
- You join, or are an existing member of, Pennsylvania Recreation and Parks Society or Pennsylvania Consumer Council.
- Social Security number
- Driver’s License or government-issued ID
- Credit card or debit card for opening deposit
Browse Helpful Resources
1All PSECU deposit shares, including checking, Regular, additional savings, money market and certificates, are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to $250,000, the maximum allowed by law. In addition to the $250,000 of insurance provided on an individual account or combination of individual accounts, you are also insured up to $250,000 for any combination of accounts you may hold jointly with other individuals.
2You can earn $0.10 cash rewards on eligible purchases of $10 or over with a PSECU checking account and one or more qualifying monthly direct deposit(s) totaling at least $500. You can earn $0.05 cash rewards on eligible purchases of $10 or over for accounts with a PSECU checking account. Certain restrictions may apply. See the Visa® Debit Card Rewards Program Terms and Conditions for full details.
3If you use a PSECU debit card at an out-of-network ATM and get charged, we'll rebate fees on withdrawals up to $20 per month with direct deposit and up to $8 per month without.
4You can earn 1.5% cash rewards on purchases. You can earn 2% cash rewards on purchases if you maintain a PSECU checking account and qualifying monthly direct deposit(s) of at least $500. Some exclusions may apply. See the Visa® Founder's Card and Visa® Alumni Rewards Card Rewards Program Terms and Conditions for full details.
5To be eligible for the Youth Savings rate, the primary account owner must be under the age of 18. All eligible Youth Savings Share accounts earn 4.00% APY for balances of $.01 to $500.00. For balances of $500.01 and over, the Regular Savings Share APY will apply. Rates and information are subject to change at any time. Fees could reduce earnings on the account(s). The disclosed dividend rates are variable and may change after the member opens the account(s). Find our current dividend rates at psecu.com/rates. PSECU requires a $5 minimum balance to open and maintain a Regular share account. This $5 share account deposit is also required to be eligible to receive the Youth Savings rate, and the member must be in good standing as defined by PSECU's Bylaws, Article II, Section I. PSECU will make a $5 minimum share purchase on behalf of the member.
6PSECU is not a credit reporting agency. Members must have PSECU checking or a PSECU loan to be eligible for this service. Joint owners are not eligible.