Manage your savings the way you want to with PSECU! Choose from a variety of Personal Savings Shares or a Money Market Share to find the right fit for your specific financial needs.
- Dividends earned on all balances.
- No penalties for early withdrawal.
- Deposits can be made at your convenience at anytime for any amount.
- Funds can automatically be transferred from any available savings share with overdraft transfer service.
- Ability to customize and structure your savings to put aside money for vacations, holidays and more!
With our Personal Savings Shares, you control the structure of your savings. Choose from several pre-established savings shares for an upcoming vacation or holiday. By separating and identifying your nest eggs, it becomes a built-in reminder of why you are saving! Or choose a federally insured Money Market Share to earn higher dividends.
Types of Savings Accounts:
- Regular Savings Share (S1)
The backbone of your account with PSECU, your Regular Savings Share (S1) gets you started as a new member. To maintain your membership, PSECU requires a minimum $5 balance is maintained in your Regular Savings Share account.
- Vacation Savings Share (S2)
Add a Vacation Savings Share to your membership (S2) to help you save for a special vacation or trip you've been dreaming about! While Vacation Savings Shares are similar to Regular Savings Shares, you cannot access these shares with a Debit Card.
- Christmas Savings Share (S3)
Add a Christmas Savings Share to your membership (S3) to help you save for an upcoming holiday, special occasion - or that big gift you've wanted to give! It's easy to make it happen when you save in advance. While Christmas Savings Shares are similar to Regular Savings Shares, you cannot access these shares with a Debit Card.
- Money Market Share (S7)
PSECU Money Market Shares allow you to earn higher dividends without limiting accessibility to your funds. These funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to a total of $250,000 for all shares. This is the maximum amount allowed by law.
- Minimum balance to open: $0
- Minimum balance to earn APY: $500
- Rate: Declared weekly
- Dividends*: Day of deposit to day of withdrawal. Dividends are calculated on actual daily balances. If the daily balance falls below $500, no dividends are earned until the daily balance reaches $500. Dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly into Money Market Shares.
- Withdrawal Restrictions: Minimum withdrawal by member request - $20. Money Market remains open until instructed in writing to close.
- Fees: None
- Transaction Limits: A maximum of six withdrawals or transfers per month are permitted from one share to another, to a prefix account or to a third party. No more than three of the six transfers may be made by check, draft, debit card or similar order to a third party. If the transfer limitations are exceeded, your account may be closed.
- Overdraft Transfer Service: Is available a maximum of six times per month.
- Additional deposits: Can be made anytime. You can start or stop recurring payments or transfers at any time.
*The payment of dividends is based on the available current and undivided earnings of PSECU. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for a one year or less time deposit is based on the assumption that the dividends remain on deposit for a full year. A withdrawal will reduce earnings. Regulations prohibit dividends in excess of available earnings.
Rates and information are subject to change at any time. Fees could reduce earnings on the account(s). The disclosed dividend rates are variable and may change after the member opens the account(s). Regular Share Accounts require a minimum balance of $5 to open the account. Money Market accounts require a minimum of $500 to earn the advertised APY. Full disclosure.
Planning & Resources: