Manage your savings the way you want to with PSECU! Choose from a variety of Personal Savings Shares or a Money Market Share to find the right fit for your specific financial needs.
- Dividends earned on all balances.
- No penalties for early withdrawal.
- Deposits can be made at your convenience at anytime for any amount.
- Funds can automatically be transferred from any available savings share with Overdraft Protection Transfer Service.
- Ability to customize and structure your savings to put aside money for vacations, holidays and more!
With our Personal Savings Shares, you control the structure of your savings. Choose from several pre-established savings shares for an upcoming vacation or holiday. By separating and identifying your nest eggs, it becomes a built-in reminder of why you are saving! Or choose a federally insured Money Market Share to earn higher dividends. With a PSECU Money Market Share, you can earn interest on your savings with as little as $500 in your account - read on for details.
Types of Savings Accounts
To meet the needs of a range of different members, we offer several different types of savings shares, including:
The backbone of your account with PSECU, your Regular Savings Share (S1) gets you started as a new member. To maintain your membership, PSECU requires a minimum $5 balance is maintained in your Regular Savings Share account.
Add a Vacation Savings Share to your membership (S2) to help you save for a special vacation or trip you've been dreaming about! While Vacation Savings Shares are similar to Regular Savings Shares, you cannot access these shares with a Debit Card.
Add a Christmas Savings Share to your membership (S3) to help you save for an upcoming holiday, special occasion - or that big gift you've wanted to give! It's easy to make it happen when you save in advance. While Christmas Savings Shares are similar to Regular Savings Shares, you cannot access these shares with a Debit Card.
PSECU Money Market Shares allow you to earn higher dividends without limiting accessibility to your funds. These funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to a total of $250,000 for all shares. This is the maximum amount allowed by law.
- Minimum balance to open: $0
- Minimum balance to earn APY: $500
- Rate: Declared weekly
- Dividends*: Day of deposit to day of withdrawal. Dividends are calculated on actual daily balances. If the daily balance falls below $500, no dividends are earned until the daily balance reaches $500. Dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly into Money Market Shares.
- Withdrawal Restrictions: Minimum withdrawal by member request - $20. Money Market remains open until instructed in writing to close.
- Fees: None
- Transaction Limits: A maximum of six withdrawals or transfers per month are permitted from one share to another, to a prefix account or to a third party. No more than three of the six transfers may be made by check, draft, debit card or similar order to a third party. If the transfer limitations are exceeded, your account may be closed.
- Overdraft Protection Transfer Service: Is available a maximum of six times per month.
- Additional deposits: Can be made anytime. You can start or stop recurring payments or transfers at any time.
*The payment of dividends is based on the available current and undivided earnings of PSECU. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for a one year or less time deposit is based on the assumption that the dividends remain on deposit for a full year. A withdrawal will reduce earnings. Regulations prohibit dividends in excess of available earnings.
What Is a Savings Share?
A savings share is a basic account that establishes you as a member of PSECU. Compared to a conventional bank savings account, a share essentially gives you a small portion of ownership in our credit. Once you set up a savings share, you are able to access all the great financial products we offer our members, if eligible - including competitive rates on loans and lines of credit, low-fee checking accounts and more.
With a PSECU savings share account, you can put aside and access money the same way you would with a conventional bank savings account. Add or take out funds at any time, while remaining confident that your money is held in a secure, stable place.
The S30 Savings Share is available to members using the PSECU Savings app. The app allows you to choose different ways to save toward a goal you select.
Why Join PSECU?
Setting up a savings share is one of the first steps to becoming a PSECU member. We like to think that we offer a different way of managing money, one that is fairer and more convenient for everyone who works with us. Compared to a conventional bank, a credit union such as PSECU offers:
- Low fees and high yields. Unlike a conventional bank, at a credit union like PSECU members are the owners. Any earnings go toward funding programs like free checking, for example. See the chart below to check out current interest rates for our various savings products.
- Affordable loans and lines of credit. Similarly, our lending products make it easy to get the money you need, whether it's for a home, school or any temporary need. In addition to low interest rates on both secured and unsecured loans, we offer a simple, straightforward online application process and easy-to-understand terms. Browse our website to start exploring your options.
- Great member service and long-term relationships. PSECU takes banking back to the way it used to be. We work hard to provide excellent communication and member-focused service for all our members. We'll work with you through all of life's major milestones - get in touch to speak with a representative and learn how we can help you.
Get started with PSECU by opening a savings share or checking share today. Apply online for a personal or business account to begin the process.
Rates valid as of 6/24/2017 11:45 PM
|Reg / Vacation / Christmas / S5 / IRA||.15%||.15%
*APY denotes Annual Percentage Yield
Rates and information are subject to change at any time. Fees could reduce earnings on the account(s). The disclosed dividend rates are variable and may change after the member opens the account(s). Regular Share Accounts require a minimum balance of $5 to open the account. Money Market accounts require a minimum of $500 to earn the advertised APY. View Truth in Savings Account disclosure at psecu.com/disclosures/.