Anyone who’s been in a long-term relationship knows it can be difficult to come up with date ideas. Sometimes you want to go on a romantic adventure, and other times you may crave a more casual atmosphere for you and your partner.
If you live in Central PA and are looking to impress your loved one, consider a few of these romantic things to do in Lancaster, PA. From outdoor activities and museums to gourmet restaurants and unique events, Lancaster is your go-to for a weekend getaway without breaking the bank.
Things to Do in Lancaster PA for Couples
Anniversary ideas in Lancaster, PA, range from your classic dinner date to outside-the-box activities. Your romantic trip will begin with Pennsylvania’s stunning rolling hills no matter which direction you travel from.
Lancaster County is filled with quaint bed-and-breakfasts, too. If you’re looking to expand your trip and do several of these activities below, check out a discount site to see what deals you may be able to score on a romantic weekend getaway on a budget.
Lancaster offers many unique destinations that are perfect for any date.
- Take a Buggy Ride: Riding in a buggy is a genuine Amish activity that allows you to experience the stunning Lancaster landscapes, learn about Amish history and culture, and most of all — relax. Carriage rides are often a romantic date idea but adding an Amish twist adds an opportunity to learn about a different culture, as well.
- Dine Out in the City: The city of Lancaster is home to an incredible selection of restaurants, whether you’re feeling a classic romantic dinner with candlelight and a luxurious atmosphere or one that creates a more laid-back vibe. Check discount and coupon sites for deals to save money on your restaurant experience.
- See a Show: Get swept away in a Sight & Sound Theatres production, which usually includes real animals in the cast. While tickets may be on the expensive side of your budget, it’s more affordable than a Broadway show and, from many parts of Pennsylvania, closer than New York City.
- Go Antiquing: The towns surrounding Lancaster provide the chance to discover amazing antiques. Columbia and Adamstown are just a short drive from Lancaster and are renowned spots for antiquing. Whether you’re interested in buying antiques to bring home or just window shopping, wandering through the older buildings and checking out the vintage items can spark fun discussion.
- Visit Produce Stands: Farm stands are a prevalent fixture on the side of roads in the summer and make for a fun, cheap date idea. Visit a few farm stands and buy fruits or veggies that are likely fresher than you’d find at the grocery store. Pick out a few items you don’t usually buy and search for a new recipe to make together.
- Take Photos at a Covered Bridge: Get dressed up and visit one, or a few, of the 29 beautiful covered bridges in Lancaster County to take photos. Make it a double date so each couple can help take photographs for the other.
No matter what you choose to do on your special night or weekend, Lancaster has all the adventure you need for an escape with your loved one. And if you use our Founder’s Card, you can earn cash back on whatever adventure you choose.
For more money-saving tips, visit our WalletWorks page.