With our convenient digital banking services, you can manage your money on the go through online banking or the PSECU Mobile App. However, there may be times that you need to visit an ATM, specifically when you need to deposit or withdraw cash.
Read below for a quick guide on finding an ATM, ATM transactions, and tips for using your card.
Finding an ATM
- Free options near you – It’s easy to find an ATM in our network, including many that are surcharge-free. Nationwide, in fact, you can access your PSECU account for free at nearly 30,000 ATMs. You can use the search function on our website or the ATM locator in our mobile app to find the closet one to you.
It’s easy to know if an ATM is in our network by looking on the machine itself for the logos shown on the back of your debit card. These include the CO-OP network® and CU$ Alliance®. Some retail locations also offer surcharge-free ATMs to our members, including Sheetz®, Rutter’s®, and Wawa®.
- ATM Surcharge Fee Rebates – For those times when the most convenient ATM for you isn’t in our network, we offer rebates of up to $20 per month for fees charged by out-of-network ATMs if you have direct deposit with us, or up to $8 monthly without direct deposit.
- Know Your PIN – Once you’ve found an ATM, accessing your money is easy. In order to do so, you’ll need your four-digit PIN.
It’s important to memorize your PIN to ensure that your transactions go smoothly. For your security, don’t write your PIN on your card or store it in the same place as your card.
If you’ve forgotten your PIN, contact us for help.
- Transaction Types – Withdrawals, deposits, share-to-share transfers, and balance inquiries can all be done through an ATM. Just follow the on-screen prompts to be guided through the process. Please note that not all ATMs offer a deposit option and that you can’t make a loan payment transfer through an ATM.
Tips for Using Your ATM Card
- Avoid Surcharges by Asking for Cash Back – While we do offer surcharge-fee rebates on non-network ATMs (up to $20/per month with direct deposit and up to $8/per month without), you can avoid surcharge-fees altogether by requesting cash back when you pay at participating retailers. To do this, you need to complete a “debit” purchase when you’re paying. When you select debit, you’ll need to enter your PIN and the card reader will typically show you the option to request cash back with your transaction.
Before you select this option, make sure that you have the funds available in your account. The amount you request will immediately be deducted from your Checking share.
- Temporarily Raise Your Debit Card Limits – If you’re doing extra shopping, such as during the holiday season, or making a large purchase, you may quickly bump up your debit card’s daily limit for ATM withdrawals or purchases.
To temporarily increase your limits on the go, use our mobile app. Select Manage Cards from the top left drop-down menu, select your card, tap Card Limits, then you have two options – Change ATM Limit or Change Purchase Limit.
You can only raise one limit (ATM or purchase) per day online. Card limits will reset at approximately 11:45 p.m. (ET), occurring earlier during month-end processing.
You can also increase your limit in online banking by logging into your account at psecu.com and selecting My Money.
If you need to increase your limit more than you’re permitted to do online or in the mobile app, call us at 800.237.7328, extension 3872.
Easy and Secure ATM Use
Using an ATM is an easy way to deposit or withdraw cash when you’re on the go. Once you have an understanding of how to use an ATM, learning how to keep your account safe is the next step. To familiarize yourself with common ATM scams, read our post about what to watch for and ways to avoid ATM skimming.
For more tips on using our digital banking tools, visit our blog.
Updated December 18, 2020