Did you know that some financial institutions charge checking account holders a monthly fee? Why pay money to use your own money?
We believe your money should stay where it belongs — with you. That’s why we have products and services available at no or low cost to our members. Read on to learn more about our free checking account and the benefits that accompany it, all without monthly fees.
Checking for Life
Our free checking account offers the convenience and perks you need every day. It’s a straightforward account for everyone - from teens managing their first paycheck to seasoned professionals balancing a long list of personal expenses.
Our checking account features:
- Debit card rewards. Pay with your PSECU debit card and you can earn $.05 or $.10 on eligible purchases1.
- Surcharge-free ATMs + ATM rebates: PSECU members have access to a network of more than 70,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide. Plus, if you use a PSECU debit card at an out-of-network ATM and get charged, we’ll rebate fees on withdrawals up to $20 per month with direct deposit and up to $8 per month without.
- No-fee Overdraft Protection Transfer Service. Enjoy peace of mind with our no-fee Overdraft Protection Transfer Service. If your checking account doesn’t have enough funds to cover checks, ACH transactions, and bill payer transactions clearing from it, the money can be automatically pulled from other specified accounts. Unlike other financial institutions, we don’t charge you a fee for using Overdraft Protection Transfer Service.
- Free checking with no minimum balance requirement: When you open a checking account with us, you don’t need to maintain a minimum monthly balance. We understand you need flexibility when unexpected bills or emergencies arise.
Other PSECU Accounts Without Monthly Fees
You can also benefit from these other account options, all without paying a monthly fee:
- Regular share: This account is the cornerstone of your PSECU membership. Maintain a $5 minimum balance in your account to enjoy all the benefits of membership.
- Additional savings : In addition to your Regular share, we offer additional savings shares that allow you to put money aside for other goals or purposes, like holiday spending and vacations.
- Money market: With this share, you can earn higher dividends than other savings options on balances greater than $500.
- Youth Savings: If you’d like to start your child out on the right foot, custodial accounts and Regular accounts for youth under the age of 18 offer a special higher-yield savings rate.
- IRA: Saving for retirement or education is simple with our IRA options. We offer Traditional IRAs and Roth IRAs to help you prepare for a comfortable retirement, as well as Coverdell Educational Savings Accounts to help you cover your child’s educational expenses.
- Certificate: If you want to enjoy increased savings and don’t need immediate access to your funds, a PSECU certificate is an ideal option for earning dividends over a fixed term. We offer flexible terms ranging from three months to five years to meet your unique needs.
Open a Free Checking Account
Our straightforward checking account can meet your needs now and for every stage of life to come. So if perks like debit card rewards1, 70,000 surcharge-free ATMs, and ATM rebates appeal to you, learn more and open a checking account today.
1You can earn $0.10 cash rewards on eligible purchases of $10 or over with a PSECU checking account and one or more qualifying monthly direct deposit(s) totaling at least $500. You can earn $0.05 cash rewards on eligible purchases of $10 or over for accounts with a PSECU checking account. Certain restrictions may apply. See the Visa® Debit Card Rewards Program Terms and Conditions for full details.
The content provided in this publication is for informational purposes only. Nothing stated is to be construed as financial or legal advice. Some products not offered by PSECU. PSECU does not endorse any third parties, including, but not limited to, referenced individuals, companies, organizations, products, blogs, or websites. PSECU does not warrant any advice provided by third parties. PSECU does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information provided by third parties. PSECU recommends that you seek the advice of a qualified financial, tax, legal, or other professional if you have questions.