Did you know that some financial institutions charge checking account holders a monthly fee? Why pay money to use your own money?
At PSECU, we believe your money should stay where it belongs — with you. That’s why we have many products and services available at no or low cost to our members. Read on to learn more about our personal checking account and the benefits that accompany it, all without monthly fees.
What’s Included with a PSECU Checking Account?
We offer you convenience. Enjoy a wide range of benefits that make it as easy as possible for you to access your money.
- No Minimum Balance Requirement: When you open a checking account with PSECU, you don’t need to maintain a minimum monthly balance. We understand you require flexibility with your financial services when unexpected bills or emergencies arise.
- Digital Banking: You can access your account 24 hours a day, seven days a week by using your desktop or mobile phone to log into your account. You can pay your monthly bills, transfer money, view account history, and deposit checks by using our secure mobile app. We also offer person-to-person transfers that allow you to send money to anyone, anytime, whether they’re a PSECU member or not.
- Bill Payer Service: Our bill payer service is always free to use and makes it convenient to stay on top of your payments.
- Surcharge-free ATMs: You have access to a network of nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide. Plus, if you’re charged a fee for using an out-of-network ATM, we offer rebates on ATM fees up to $20 a month for members with direct deposit, and up to $8 a month for members without direct deposit.
- Overdraft Protection Transfer Service: Enjoy peace of mind with our free Overdraft Protection Transfer Service. If your checking account doesn’t have enough funds for a check that was written, the money can be automatically pulled from available funds from other specified accounts to avoid a Courtesy Pay fee or NSF fee. Unlike some other financial institutions, we don’t charge you a fee for using Overdraft Protection Transfer Service.
- Joint Checking: You can easily add a joint owner to your account for added convenience.
- Security: We help protect our members against fraud through convenient account alerts, free credit score service*, and lock/unlock features for card access.
- Free Basic-style Checks: In keeping with our philosophy that you shouldn’t have to pay to access your own money, you don’t have to pay to use your money, either. We provide all members who have a checking account with free basic-style checks.
Other PSECU Accounts Without Monthly Fees
You can also benefit from these other account options, all without paying a monthly fee:
- Regular Savings Share: This account is the cornerstone of your PSECU membership. Maintain a $5 minimum balance in your account to enjoy all the benefits of membership. In addition to your Regular Savings share, we offer additional Savings shares that allow you to put money aside for holiday spending and vacations, and a Money Market share, so you can work toward earning even more to meet your savings goals. And if you’d like to start your child out on the right foot, custodial accounts and Regular accounts for youth under the age 18 are provided a special higher-yield savings rate. A balance as low as $5 can earn a 1.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on up to $500. If your balance goes above $500, any money over $500 will earn dividends based on our Regular Savings share rate.
- IRA: Saving for retirement or education is simple with PSECU’s IRA options. We offer Traditional IRAs and Roth IRAs to help you prepare for a comfortable retirement, as well as Coverdell Educational Savings Accounts to help you cover your child’s educational expenses.
- Certificate: If you want to enjoy increased savings and don’t need immediate access to your funds, a PSECU certificate is an ideal option for earning dividends over a fixed term. We offer flexible terms ranging from three months to five years to meet your unique needs.
Join PSECU to Open a Checking Account Without Monthly Fees
If you live in Pennsylvania, you’re likely eligible to join PSECU and receive access to our no-fee checking accounts. Learn more about our checking account services or complete an application to join our credit union today. You can also find more money-saving tips on our WalletWorks page.
*PSECU is not a credit reporting agency. Members must have PSECU checking or a PSECU loan to be eligible for this service. Joint Owners are not eligible.