PSECU has a long history of embracing technology to give members convenient ways to access and manage their money, all without stepping foot in a branch. We’ve compiled a list of the services included in our digital-first approach to banking. Almost all of them can be used in both online banking and in our mobile app. (To download the mobile app, visit your device’s app store and search for PSECU Mobile.)
To keep the focus of this post on all our digital services, we’re presenting only an overview of what we offer here. For more in-depth explanations, please visit this webpage.
- External Account Transfers. With this service, you can bring funds into PSECU from accounts you own elsewhere. You can also move funds out of PSECU to accounts at other financial institutions. You can choose to do this on a one-time basis or choose the frequency for the transfer. Because we use Plaid for account verification, your account linking can be immediate if the other financial institution is also on the Plaid platform. Otherwise, confirmation of the linked accounts will occur through a small deposit verification process. You can learn more about account linking on our support page.
- Scheduled Transfers. This transfer type will automatically transfer money from one PSECU account to another or from your PSECU account to the balance of any PSECU loan, except a mortgage.
- Person-to-Person. With Zelle® you can easily send money to anyone in the U.S. with just their email address or phone number.
ATMs give you 24/7 access to your money. You can use them for withdrawals, deposits, share-to-share transfers, and balance inquiries. A couple of things to note. First, you can’t make any loan payment transfers through an ATM. Also, be aware that not all ATMs accept deposits.
- ATM locator. Members can access more than 70,000+ surcharge-free ATMs across the country. To discover ones near you, go to psecu.com and select Find an ATM. If you need a depository ATM, you should use the filtering options because not all ATMs accept deposits. Look for these logos on the ATMs.
In addition, these convenience stores offer surcharge-free withdrawals: Sheetz, Wawa, Rutter’s, and participating 7-Eleven locations.
- ATM rebates. If you’re using an in-network ATM and you’re making a withdrawal with your debit card, you won’t be charged a fee. Because we know it’s not always possible to use an in-network ATM, we have an ATM rebate program. If you use a PSECU debit card at an out-of-network ATM and get charged, we’ll rebate fees on withdrawals up to $20 per month with direct deposit and up to $8 per month without. Any rebates are deposited into the member’s Regular share and can be viewed there in online banking and the mobile app.
We offer several convenient ways to get money into your account. For two of them, you don’t even need to leave your house!
- ATM deposits. You can deposit cash and checks at any depository ATM. Because not all of them do, you’ll need to use filtering options in our ATM locator.
- Mobile deposit. This feature within our mobile app allows you to deposit your check from just about anywhere. To access it, tap on Deposits at the bottom of the screen, then follow the prompts to take a photo of the front and back of your check.
- Direct deposit. Many times “payroll” comes to mind when people think about direct deposit. But it includes so much more! All kinds of regular payments can be issued. In addition to wages, you can receive direct deposits of Social Security payments, pensions/401(k) disbursements, annuities, and dividend and interest payments.
Our free bill payer service provides a quick and easy way to manage paying your bills. Read more about this service in our blog post.
More than 550,000 members across the U.S. and around the world enjoy the convenience of 24/7 banking without a branch. You can, too - join us today!
The content provided in this publication is for informational purposes only. Nothing stated is to be construed as financial or legal advice. Some products not offered by PSECU. PSECU does not endorse any third parties, including, but not limited to, referenced individuals, companies, organizations, products, blogs, or websites. PSECU does not warrant any advice provided by third parties. PSECU does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information provided by third parties. PSECU recommends that you seek the advice of a qualified financial, tax, legal, or other professional if you have questions.