Everyone’s financial situation is unique. That’s why we offer a variety of credit card options with different benefits and features. If you want to save money on interest, need to build or rebuild your credit, or want to earn cash rewards, our credit card options can help you. In our interview with Jayme Shea, our Director of Visa Services, you’ll learn more about each of our cards and how they can help you achieve more.
- Classic Card. This card offers excellent low rates on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. This is a great low-rate card option with credit limits of up to $30,000, if qualified.
- Founder’s Rewards Card. This card offers competitive rates with cash rewards on every purchase. Cardholders also receive Visa Signature® benefits for credit lines of $5,000+ and credit limits up to $30,000, if qualified.
- Secured Visa® card. Whether you have no credit history and need to build one or need to repair your credit, a secured credit card - meaning the card is backed by collateral, which is essentially a deposit you keep in your Regular savings share - offers an easy and affordable way to do so.
We’re a not-for-profit financial cooperative. That means we have members, not shareholders. That model allows us to pass on earnings and savings directly to our members. One of the ways we do that is with perks and tons of low- or no-fee services. Our cards are designed to have no annual fees to provide members with maximum value at no additional cost.
As for competitive rates, we believe in offering affordable pricing to our members and strive to keep our rates low – currently, they’re lower than the national average of 27.82%, according to Forbes Advisor’s weekly credit card rate report. We hope that by keeping rates low, our members can achieve their financial goals with ease.
Credit cards play an essential role in our digital-first strategy. Members can add their card to their digital wallet to make secure purchases. If you haven’t added your card to your digital wallet, it’s a great idea to do so. Using a digital wallet is safe and easy!
Members can also review their transactions and balances by logging into online banking or via the mobile app, and can even set up alerts, like transactional alerts, lock/unlock your credit card, or reorder a card, all within digital banking.
PSECU takes the security of our cardholders very seriously and employs various measures to protect them against scams. A few tips that you can take to help prevent fraud are:
- Think before you act. Be wary of communications that play on fear (like frozen bank accounts or fraudulent transactions), request urgent action (act immediately), request personal information (PIN, Social Security number, account numbers, etc.), or offer deals that sound too good to be true.
- Never share any password, passcode, or PIN, even if they are temporary or one-time codes on a call you didn’t initiate.
- Never give credit or debit card information through a call you did not initiate or a call you made to a number you haven’t verified.
- Store your cards in a safe place. Don’t allow others to use your card(s).
- Make sure to regularly review your balances and transactions in digital banking and call us immediately if you notice a transaction out of the ordinary.
We have fraud mitigation tools to help prevent fraud, including alerts that are sent to members to verify transactions via text, email, and/or phone call. The alerts are easy to use and help to keep cards safe and open for use.
You can find more details on our security measures at psecu.com/security. To stay ahead of scammers and protect yourself and your loved ones from fraud, you can sign up for our monthly email series called Fraud Files. It's completely free and filled with helpful tips and tricks. To sign up, visit go.psecu.com/fraudfiles.
We have great card options and want to be the first card you reach for. You can use your PSECU card for in-store, online, and digital wallet purchases.
To choose which credit card best meets your needs, you can visit psecu.com/credit-cards/choose and compare each card we offer. When you’re ready to apply, simply click Apply Now and follow the prompts. The application process is easy but know that we’re always here to help with any questions you may have.
If you're looking for a credit card to help you save on interest, our Classic Card might be what you need. Use it to enjoy great perks like a low APR* on all purchases and no cash advance fees. Don't have one yet? Apply for a Classic Card today!
*APR denotes Annual Percentage Rate.
The content provided in this publication is for informational purposes only. Nothing stated is to be construed as financial or legal advice. Some products not offered by PSECU. PSECU does not endorse any third parties, including, but not limited to, referenced individuals, companies, organizations, products, blogs, or websites. PSECU does not warrant any advice provided by third parties. PSECU does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information provided by third parties. PSECU recommends that you seek the advice of a qualified financial, tax, legal, or other professional if you have questions.